Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Beneath Time's Current - 3WW CLXIII (Errant, Hanker, Murky)

Errant rambling - stumbling through a stagnant land
Hanker - suppressed - stranded exactly where you stand
Lost in confusion like the murky lust of yesterday
Skating through the heavens with flask of old pulteney

Where are the children - torn from sullen mystery
Swept beneath time's current - in a flash of ill travesty

Sour are the memories of a menacing decree
Crouch beneath the stars - staring down on me
Someone rolled a thunder across a leaden sky
Stripped to molten core I hold my head and cry

When were we children - in a life rewound and played
Straddled by the living times - now wishing we had stayed

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's sadness but beautifully written. Liked these lines very much
"Someone rolled a thunder across a leaden sky
Stripped to molten core I hold my head and cry"

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

There's a lot to like in this one. Great lines that create great swells of emotion.

gautami tripathy said...

Love the word play in here. Makes perfect sense to me..

elbowing in, elbowing out

Tumblewords: said...

I like this piece. It's rather abstract, yet written in touchable language. Nice!

one more believer said...

it is a beautiful dark description of a day in the life on earth in eternity... childhood is for sissy's i heard one day... why this came to mind after reading your post i do not know... childhood is so vunerable... as colored floating balloons popping one at a time...

when the musics over said...

Alot of stark and really strong images of sadness and longing.

"Skating through the heavens with a flask of old pulteney" Man, can I relate to that! Mulling middle-age domestication through the peat vapors.

"Straddled by the living times - now wishing we had stayed." Those were the days, my friend! I really enjoyed this lament, Larry.