Sunday, July 26, 2009

Where in the World - Sunday Scribblings #173

Looking past the crackling fire
a boy stands tall and asks his father
Where in the world is my first time?

A man wrestles thoughts in storied battle
Torn from page and whiskey bottle
Where in the world is my next chance?

A woman cries in soft reply
to only daughter's questioned sigh
Where in the world is my last dance?

Blue eyed child in a grown-up way
looking for a closure to a tortured day
Where in the world is my blue sky?

All mankind it shrinks in fear
the cellophane's finally formed a tear
Where in the world did it go awry?

3 comments:

George S Batty said...

wow this is really deep. well written and a real thinker. nice writing

Larry McCay said...

Thanks, Old Griz!

This was my first SS contribution - seems like something that will be fun.

Dee Martin said...

I second Old Grizz - this is awesome! Welcome to SS and hope you stick around.